If you already know iOS development, it’s time to move on to more complex and powerful apps to learn more advanced concepts.
● 100% practical, the purpose is to build a useful app and learn all necessary skills along the way.
● Designing the architecture of the sample app, starting with a navigation diagram and a prototype, before starting to code.
● Blocks and their relevance in Cocoa.
● Concurrency with Grand Central Dispatch (GCD). Other uses of blocks.
● Intro to Core Animation with UIView and CALayer.
● A solid introduction to Core Data:
º the Core Data stack
º NSManagedObject innards
º attributes & relations
º the transformable type
º KVO & KVC
● Editable text, and keyboard notifications. Animating your UI to adapt the to keyboard. Removing the keyboard in an elegant way.
● The camera and Modal Controllers. Blocks reloaded. UIActivityViewController: sharing with Social Networks.
● Intro to Core Location and MapKit